|Ben & Jerry’s has always been a company that gives back to its community. But being known for being a generous company can have its downfall if you do not have a streamlined process in place. Due to so many requests for ice cream and donations, the company had to shut down their corporate giving for a time. They later reinstated it with a better process in mind: Givily. In this article you will see and read about the results!|
About Ben & Jerry’s
Ben & Jerry’s is a company that believes in giving back to its community. It was founded on and is dedicated to a sustainable corporate concept of linked prosperity. It is their goal to make, distribute and sell the finest quality all natural ice cream and euphoric concoctions with a continued commitment to incorporating nutritious, natural ingredients and promoting business practices that respect the Earth and the Environment. As a result, in 1985 the company created and opened the Ben & Jerry’s Foundation opened in 1985 and focuses on furthering social justice, protecting the environment and supporting sustainable food systems.
Unfortunately, being a generous company started taking its toll since there wasn’t a streamlined process in place for keeping track of their donations.. In fact, the employees and leaders of the company became so inundated with requests for ice cream and donations, the company had to shut down their corporate giving for a time. Partnering with Givily helped Ben & Jerry’s get back to giving back.
How Givily Helped
Givily is focused on helping local communities by partnering with community focused businesses like Ben & Jerry’s. The unique software system that the Givily team puts in place helps companies get back to doing what they do best by:
- Streamlining the corporate giving process.
- Organizing responding to requests so more donations can be approved.
- Aggregating the data in one place so businesses can stay organized and efficient.
- They reinstated their corporate giving in a streamlined and efficient way.
- An estimated 199 hours saved in labor using Givily.
- Telling the story of Ben & Jerry’s Giving internally. They boosted employee morale and pride for their workplace by sharing their giving data and story internally.
- Every applicant receives a response in a timely manner, building a better rapport with customers.
But don’t just take our word for it, listen to theCheck out this interview with Julie Mclaughlin, Ben & Jerry’s Brand Specialist, below.
Interested in learning more about how Givily can help your company? Check out other reported benefits of using the givily platform here!